Sunday, August 28, 2016

Preparing the Classroom



I've been spending some time in my classroom, preparing for the start of school which is now less than 2 weeks away.  The key project has been a word wall.  I went to a College Board workshop for AP Biology last year, and we spent some time talking about the words in bold on the free response questions.  I want my students to be familiar with the words and what they are required to write about when they see those words. I printed eight of the words and what those words are asking for.  Afterward, I decided that I wanted them to see all of the words, and so printed them to be a border of sorts.


Stapling paper onto a curved bulletin board doesn't always go very well, so I spent about half of the time making this board pulling out the staples and trying again.  


Here is the link to the Word Wall document. It contains all of the words and 8 definitions.  I may eventually add more definitions, although I don't have much room on the board.  My predecessor left the Theory of Revolution poster on the board and I don't want to give it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment