Monday, August 1, 2016

A Foray into the World of Blogging

A couple of years ago, I was homeschooling my oldest daughter and looking for some ideas for teaching her Algebra 1.  I stumbled upon Sarah Carter's blog, Math = Love.  This was the first blog I ever followed.  I appreciated that she shared all of her files.  I was just homeschooling one child and didn't have a budget for buying files from Teachers Pay Teachers, and I really didn't need much.  I also enjoyed the peek into a new math teacher's world, after being out of the mathematics classroom for so many years. One of the most helpful blog posts for me was when she mentioned the website, Problem Attic.  It is a compilation of all of the past New York Regents exam questions (as well as questions from other sources) organized by topic, and allows users to create custom tests for their students (for free!).  I quickly put together several practice sets for my daughter as we prepared for her to take the Common Core Algebra 1 Regents exam.  Then when I started teaching Living Environment, all of the tests for the class were made through problem-attic.

I love the idea of sharing my journey and sharing my ideas and resources for others to use.  Here we go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment