Monday, October 23, 2017

Cellular Respiration Digital Diagram



Last year I blogged about the cellular respiration diagram that I had saved from college and use in class with my students here. After a Google training last year, I decided that I would attempt to use Google Drawings to make the respiration diagram. I spent more time than I care to admit, but got the diagram put together here and out to my students.




We worked it the same as last year. They worked on labeling the diagram first and we talked through it and even acted out oxidative phosphorylation. Then they completed their guided reading questions. Students comment each time we do it that way, how much more they understand the reading questions for this chapter.



Although it may look like there are lots of details for glycolysis and the Kreb’s cycle—for those we focus on what goes in and what comes out. We spend plenty of time discussing the significance of NAD and FAD “boats”. This year they coined NADH and FADH2 the party boats since they are full of high energy electrons.


We wrapped up our discussions today with the Mystery of 7 Deaths case study that you can find here. I loved the reasoning I was hearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment