Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A Big Picture of Photosynthesis


After giving my students a big picture of cellular respiration, I wanted them to also have a big picture for photosynthesis.  I found this blog post  on the Science Tutor.  There was a graphic organizer for the Calvin cycle and a story board for the light reactions. I used them last year, but I wanted my students to actually see the process of the light reactions. This year I spent some time with shapes in MS Word to put together a picture of both the light reactions and the Calvin cycle.

During class I give my students a set of instructions to work through to help them understand what is going on in the diagrams and in the process of photosynthesis itself. Here is the document they work through. The document also includes links to two different videos on photosynthesis to help students understand what's going on in their diagram.

1 comment: