Monday, January 6, 2020

Question Stacks in Precalculus

This year, I returned to teaching full time as I took on a Precalculus class. I have loved being back in the math classroom. I still teach AP and Honors Biology, but am excited to be doing some math as well.



Since I hadn't taught Precalculus in 21 years, I found a pre-made curriculum that was highly rated and to my delight, my school purchased the curriculum from All Things Algebra on Teachers Pay Teachers. I have been busy making activities to go along with the class, but I often use the questions from Gina's curriculum so that the activities fit well with the pre-made notes and homework that the students have. Alas, I can't share those activities with copyrighted information.

One of the activities that I have students do are question stacks. I love that they are self checking. I had read about them at the Math Equals Love blog here. Sarah provides a blank master copy to make them that work with printable business cards. I have loved using the business cards because I can just print, pop them out, and they are ready to go, no cutting needed.

So that I could share something, I went ahead and made a question stack for expanding and condensing logarithmic expressions using questions that weren't part of the curriculum. You can find the question stack here. Although it is in Word format, you should be able to open it as a google doc and it should work fine...at least it does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment