Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Review BINGO for a larger class



This year my AP Biology class was up to 15 students. When the class sizes were 10 or under, we could play evolution or ecology review BINGO using the floor as the BINGO card area, which I blogged about here. With 15 I have less floor space, but would need more BINGO card area to cover to keep all the kids engaged.




This year, I made individual BINGO cards for each student and put all of the questions in a Google slide presentation. Before we began, students had to fill in the squares with 2 yes, 2 no, 2 True, 2 False, 2 A, 2 B, 2 C, 2 D, 2 1, 2 2, 2 3, 2 4. I had bought a set of BINGO chips earlier in the school year for an antibiotic resistance lab for Honors Bio and had plenty of left-overs, so we were all set with chips. I also have a bag of smarties in my desk. As we went through the slides, students would call out BINGO when they had it, we'd go back through the slides and check the answers and I'd throw the winning student a roll of smarties and continue on with the game. Students enjoyed it and stayed engaged throughout.

Here are the links to the files:

Evolution review questions

Ecology review questions

AP Bio BINGO cards

No comments:

Post a Comment