Tuesday, September 12, 2017

First Day of Physical Science (Part 2)



Today was actually the first day of Physical Science.  I teach this class at a homeschool consortium that started today, so it is certainly falls into the category of a non-traditional classroom.  I only see this class for one 90 minute period a week, and I design the class with all hands-on labs to complement whatever chapter/topic they are reading and studying at home.



After we finished with our team building activity with Legos and clue cards that I blogged about earlier here, we moved onto the Mini Metric Olympics. I used the direction cards from this post on Math = Love. The only thing that I had to do besides gathering materials was create an answer sheet that would fit into their notebooks.  I also wanted them just to find their percent error, so I only included a column for that, not error.



The kids loved the activity and I actually overheard one of the students say, "This class is fun," as her group was moving from one station to another. That's a win in my book!




Lots of measuring going on...

...and estimating too.

No comments:

Post a Comment